1 packet Beak & Sons Original Bratwurst beef sausages
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 carrot, diced
1 potato, diced
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon cornflour to thicken
1 tablespoon butter
½ onion, finely diced
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups water
½ cup chopped coriander & parsley
1. To prepare the pilaf, heat the butter in a medium saucepan, add the onion and cook until softened.
Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the water, bring to the boil then cover and turn heat to low.
Cook for 10 minutes then turn off the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes without removing the lid.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frypan over low heat and fry the sausages for 5 minutes,
turning to brown on all sides. Set aside.
3. Add the remaining olive oil and onion to a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook,
stirring until the onions are golden. Add garlic, carrot, potato and curry powder and cook for
1-2 minutes before adding the chicken stock. Simmer until carrots are cooked.
4. Cut the sausages in half on an angle and add to the saucepan with the coconut milk, sugar and peas.
Simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sausages are cooked through. Remove the sausages.
Mix cornflour with enough cold water to make a thin paste and
add gradually to the sauce, stirring until thickened.
5. Mix the herbs through the rice and serve with the sausage curry.